The Mustache Dealio

So what's this "Mustache Month" craze that's sweeping the nation? In its simplest form, its like playing an electric guitar made of fire while driving a '77 t-top Firebird 100mph.

For those who need me to break it down even more its one month (or more) of growing awesome facial hair with a bunch of like-minded guys. Call it male bonding through mutual humiliation or just an attempt to be the best manly-man that you can be.

At this point, most probably know the drill but it happens every October and... What?!? It happens in September so this blog is like one entire month late?!?

Fine, so "Mustache Month" is technically over if you really want to embrace the unnatural and quite frankly un-American limit of only having a mustache for one month of the year. Still, I'm going to finally get this blog up so that we have a place to post some final pictures. I've had some pics of some mighty fine mustaches trickling in over the last month and I'll get those posted too.

Sheesh, get off my back already!!! Seems like your recent loss of facial hair is making you really cranky.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Major News Outlet Takes Notice of My Mustache

Its nice getting recognized for doing something really, really well. So you can imagine how giddy I was when I opened today's edition of The UM Kaiman and found this nugget in the reoccurring section titled, "Big Ups and Backhands":

"It has come to the attention of the BUBH writers that there has been an influx of mustaches in America of late. We salute you. There's no better way to tell the object of your affection that you wish to "tickle" their "fancy" than by bravely donning a valiant set of whiskers on your upper lip. Big ups to courageous mustaches. Remember, when mustaches are outlawed, only outlaws will wear mustaches."
In a paper that only covers the most pressing issues like "There's no 'I' in Threesome" its really quite the honor to be called out. Not only that but I have to assume that since I'm the only one on the UM campus sporting a mustache (for a contest...with mostly Seattlelites...who is both over 6'6 and 30...and not in the forestry program) I have to assume that they were pretty much talking about me. Seems like a fair assumption.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/

1 comment:

  1. Odd, I cannot find this article anywhere on the website. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete